Thursday, January 13, 2011

So it starts

Well so it begins. I've never blogged before and i honestly dont now how to do all this so bear with me as I learn to add pictures and personalize this blog as I go. This first post will be lengthy just so I can start from the beginnng and get caught up to where I am today.

I've never been thin, not that I can remember except my cute little pictures when I was 3....but in school nah never. So since I didnt have the looks I guess I used my sense of humor to get myself thru everything. But its a front to my insecurities thats for sure. The one thing I always do say is that Erich married me fat so I dont ever have to question if that bothers him or not.

So Im not going to bother you with all my pasts diets and weight losses cause the list is long and quite embarrassing, nor am I going to post my weight, not yet anyways. When I make some remarkable milestone then maybe, just maybe I will put it out there. However I will post pictures once I figure out how to do it. So Im just gonna start with the right now.....
We were invited to go on a cruise to Mexico last October, we were so excited and thought we better hit the gym and get to losing weight, we were pretty gung ho the first few months, I met with a personal trainer and I could tell in my clothes I was definetly losing, but then the stresses of life and being busy with the kids, I just kinda fell out of the routine. We went to a "before" the cruise party to get information and what not and there at the party was "Jena the Weight Watcher Lady" Oh dear Lord there goes the 2nd coconut cupcake I was gonna eat! I thought oh man Im going on a cruise full of food and am I going to feel guilty or like she is going to watch me. AHHHH!!! So on the cruise we went, and spent alot of our time with "Jena the WW Lady" and as she told her own personal stories of losing 115 pounds and knowing what its like, my guard slowly went down and Erich and I said that we should go back to Weight Watchers! Well let me tell you when the defining moment of YES I AM GOING TO WEIGHT WATCHERS! So have you ever been on a cruise ship? Rooms a little small and a full length mirror on the OUTSIDE of the bathroom door, so when your at the vanity putting makeup on, looking into the mirror you can see your whole BACKSIDE in the mirror behind you? Ok so I know I have a butt, BUT did I really know how Big that butt was? I almost started crying immediatly, I was horrified and embarrassed and insecure and just felt EWWW! So I tried to enjoy the rest of my trip and the following Tuesday I started WW. Since then I have lost 18 pounds and was getting excited to watch the weight fall off. The holidays kinda put a damper on my loss and got me off track, during this time I continued talking with Jena, our husbands are both sports nuts so no problem there, we have gone to dinner, she asked me to go shopping for home decor with her so now, she is..."Jena my friend" :) I woke up last week to a email from her, asking if I wanted to join a Biggest Loser competition at the gym her and I both go to (well that I belong to anyways haha), asking if I wanted to be part of a 5 member team. I was totally excited and new this was an opportunity to get back with it and winning money was involved! Yay! So yesterday I went to my weigh in and took the spin class and have 2 months to get as much weight off as possible. So Im kinda a verbal person so I thought it might be helpful if I journal my weight loss, my ups and downs, and well just be able to get it all out. Im doing it here rather than facebook posts, so that way people can pick and choose to read this or not haha.

So at the current time I attend Weight Watcher Meetings on Tuesday night with Jena (who is the coolest) being the leader and going to the gym "Fitness Experience", yesterday I took spin class and they need to make "wide ride" bike seats just saying, so come and join me on this journey...

7 comments:

  1. Yea!! I love your blog, I love your transperancy! You can do it Cheri...and if you ever need a work out partner, I'm here. :)
    ~LaVonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You brought tears to my eyes Cher. I am so excited to read about your journey and I am rooting for you! Thank you for sharing this with us all! I am here for you as always!!

    Jaimie aka Gadgets wife!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock Cheri- I am so proud of you! You are going to help so many people by blogging about your journey.

    ~Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheri,
    You are such a rock star and you don't even know it yet! I am so excited to be a little part of your journey and I am going to be your biggest cheerleader (well, maybe Erich will out root me). I am here for you every step of the way! We are going to kick some major bootie in this competition and we are going to look hot doing it!

    Hugs,
    Your WW Lady...I mean your FRIEND!!! So, nice I have graduated to the friendship pool :-) JENA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheri your post made me tear up! Good for you for being brave enough to put this out there!! You are truly an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your journey.

    Erica =}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so proud of you! I have always admired your self-confidence, so even if you weren't feeling hot on the outside.. you have always looked and acted it to me! I've always seen you as someone that is happy in their own skin and I've wished that I was more like you! If only we all could learn to love, laugh and enjoy life like you do! I am excited for you as you take on this new lifestyle and I know that you can do it!!! We ALL love you just the way you are because you bring so much joy to ALL who know you, but I am excited for you to see yourself the way others see you--AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so feel you girl...I dont know how many times I have felt that way...I dont have the guts to do a blog..but I am feeling motivated to get off my butt and work with you from afar. Love you Cheri...You are an amazing person and I have Faith that you will succeed!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete