Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 7 - Squirrel

Ok so my title makes me laugh, cause its random, and I think I'm random. I sit and think what to type sometimes and all these random thoughts come to mind, and really none of it goes together and I am horrible at getting my point across. I was thinking today as my house is blown to heck, that I am either organized or Im so far out in left field, I really dont have a balance. I'm working towards it tho. This weekend I had my house clean, laundry about 2 loads away from being completed, dishes done, meals planned, tracked my points, just organized and feeling in control. Take 2 days at work and not getting home til 9:00pm each night and its all blown to heck. I didnt know what to have for dinner tonight, just grabbed for stuff, dishes all over, so I just curled up on the couch and watched Biggest Loser. I need to find some order, some way to make it work. I like to think I can fly by the seat of my pants and I'm very flexible, thanks to my mom, and trust me I rather be that way then so anal I cant bend for anyone or anything. But sometimes I wish I could handle it all and stay focused, but I guess its life. And Im definetly not the only working mom who has children in activites every night of the week, so Im gonna shut it and move on to some good news but your gonna have to follow along cause I have some explaining to do....

So the other day or last night or whenever I told you that I havent weighed in at Weight Watchers cause I knew I gained weight, I think I said I gained 8 pounds and I hadnt weighed for 2 weeks. Well Im a liar, I looked at my book today, and I havent weighed for 3 weeks, and actually had gained 10 pounds not 8, I didnt realize it had been that long, I stuck to the diet for while and then when I found out about the Biggest Loser competition I didnt want to be to into it before I weighed so I would lose more during the challenge...make sense? So tonight I proimised to weigh at WW, good or bad. I knew I would be up so before going to WW I went to the gym to weigh on their scale to see how much I lost since I weighed in there last week...are you fllowing me? I thought if I did this and saw that I lost some weight, it wouldnt make the weight gain at WW so painful (I play mind games with myself, dork I know) So I went to the gym and weighed myself....wait for it.....wait for it.....8 POUNDS! the scale was down 8 pounds from when I got in it last Wednesday, now some of you may think thats alot for one week, well let me just tell you that I drank hardly any water the weeks prior, just straight diet pepsi, and when you turn your eating around and lower your calorie intake drastically and exercise alot, the first week will usually show a drastic loss,especially if your a big girl, this isnt my first rodeo so I wasnt to surprised. Its the encouragment I needed. I showed up to weight watchers and weighed there and was up 2.8. I wasnt discouraged because I knew this last week I had lost alot and worked really hard to do so. I am not going to weigh on the gym scale again til February at a mandatory weigh in, so from now on my weight loss will be from the WW scale, except for the finale of Biggest Loser. So does this make sense. My WW weight and my Biggest Loser weight are 2 different things at this point because I gained weight back over the holidays. If your confused, I apologize but I warned you I am horrible at explaining myself.

I am excited for tomorrow, to get back at it, another spin class and toning class, Im still not as cool as Heidi (who by the way became my friend on Facebook today) and going to 2 spin classes in 1 day, but its a goal. 2 pounds til I get a new workout outfit and maybe I will make it my next goal to attend 2 spin classes in 1 day....sounds good to me.

I also said I would have Erich take a picture of me and post it, well let me be honest, I can talk and talk about being overweight, but I despise pictures of myself, and its a something I want to get over, I cant keep photoshopping Christy Brinkley in our family pictures, my kids are gonna need some memories of me. I will see what I can find, not that you all need to see a picture of me, but its always nice to see comparisions as time goes on. I told Jessica today that I was gonna post a picture in a sports bra and spandex like they do on the real Biggest Loser, I thought she was gonna spit her water out. Haha you couldnt pay me enough, well maybe, but it would have to be alot.

My niece posted this verse on Facebook tonight and I find it fitting..."For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." Ephesians 2:10

No matter our weight or whatever is getting us down...we are God's masterpiece. Thanks for posting that Rachel.

Goodnight

4 comments:

  1. Honestly cheri...pictures are awesome. Jeremy took pics of me before surgery (bra and panties) and every month thereafter...in the same skimpy outfit. When you have clothes off you can really see where you lose things. There were several months i was so discouraged because my belly didnt seem any smaller..but then i looked at pics and realized other parts were totally smaller etc. Even if you don't share...do a pic diary for yourself. It is really really helpful. It keeps you going and thinking all the not eating and vomiting(me) is worth it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh I dont know if I can do that! What if I die and someone finds them in my room?! I will think about it, cause honestly it is one of my favorite things on the Biggest Loser os their before and after photos. But can I wear jeans and a tshirt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. my secret...Jeremy encryped the pictures on a thumb drive that will open on his computer and if someone tries to open the file on any other computer it will scramble and not open. Hehe. And im being serious. You really do want to wear as little as possible so you can see everything. I can see when i lose on my butt...or if my arms are closer to my sides when they are resting against me...weird things you don't think about. Jeremy puts them side by side for me so I can look at the differences. It is the only reason I haven't given up and gotten really frustrated. You will be amazed at what things change. Ill show you my pics some time. They are bad...and embarrassing...but very cool too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a huge success for you! Way to go! You are motivating to me!

    ReplyDelete