Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 2

I dont know what is blogging etiquette is, not sure if everyday is too much or if I should just do whenever, my problem is that I talk to much so I could probably blog all day haha. So I guess I will just see how it goes, and how much time I have.

Weight Watchers changed their program the last part of Decemeber and I will have to say I was not a bit ammused. I actually was mad, I am not a planner, and so not organized. On the old plan I knew exactly what I could eat and my points memorized of my favorite foods and I ate pretty much the same thing every day. So when it was announced (the new plan) that now we can have FREE FRUIT, people were clapping and I thought..WHO CARES! I didnt really eat fruit and when I eat fruit I feel like Im a diet. Now my favorite carbs went up in points and I was just not happy. I stuck with the old plan and figured I would just do it my way, yeah cause thats gotten me far in life! So when I started this new challenge yesterday I also was determined to follow the new Points Plus plan as well. So I bought lots of no points fruit (yippee) and started journaling. I am happy to say that these last 2 days I have followed the new points plus program and went thru my cupboards and recalculated my favortite foods and marked the points on the boxes with a sharpie. So far I have accomplished goal #1. Now for goal #2.....

Goal #2...Boy do I need some workout clothes! I only own 1 pair of shorts and I paint in them, so they are way classy! And I really have no tshirts or sweatpants. Ever gone to the gym and ran into Barbie? You know the hot blonde with her hair up in a ponytail, in her tight spandex that actually looks great on her, and all the guys turn as she walk by, yeah I dont like her! So I set a goal....when I lose 10 pounds I get to go buy some cute matching workout clothes. Im sure I could go buy some now if I really wanted to, but I get overwhelmed with big numbers so thought this would be something to work towards. My first weigh in will be Tuesday the 18th. I think my kids will appreciate it as well, since I showed up to Jake's basketball game tonight looking like a hot mess since I came straight from the gym and wearing an ugly outfit.

I just wanted to say that I appreciate all your kind words, it keeps me encouraged,motivated and accountable. Tomorrow morning after the kids leave for school I'm going to attempt to do the Jillian Michael 30 day shred video...some of the other Biggest Loser people are working out tons and I need to step it up.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blogging your journey, Cheri. Know you are not alone and you are going to help people in ways you may never know. I am priveleged to be on this journey with you and can't wait to help you celebrate. First 10 pounds...we go shopping for your cute work out outfit! Take it from me...don't buy too many clothes because you will start melting and may be a new size every other month :-) ALl of the sudden shopping becomes fun.

    Keep rockn'! I am in Portland this weekend for work but when I get back I am going to give you a challenge...are you up for it??

    Hugs,
    Jena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ma'am i am ready for your challenge!

    ReplyDelete