Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 4 and 5

Day 4 was kinda boring as far as exercise and dieting go, I had a great day otherwise, went to lunch with a good friend, got some paint samples, since Erich is leaving for 4 months, to occupy some of my time in the evenings I thought I would re-do our bedroom, but my love for decorating would be a completely different blog so I won't get into that, but I stuck with my diet but never did exercise. So onto day 5...

Day 5, so am I the only one who talks to myself in my brain? Erich worked today, I slept in which felt wonderful after sharing a bed with a 1 year old the night before who thought I was a foot rest haha, but she is so adorable it didnt really bother me just was lacking in the sleep dept. I've been keeping up on a episode of "I used to be fat" on MTV. I watched an episode this morning of a guy who lost 100 pounds. Shows like that motivate me ALOT. Usually I watch them late at night and I'm all gung ho and its worn off my the time morning comes, but today I had no excuse. So off to the gym I went. I literally argue with myself in my head, thats why I asked if Im the only one who does this? I worked out for 40 minutes alternating between cardio and some weights or situps. Everytime I was on a cardio device I would say that Im done, cause Im breathing hard and it hurts my legs, and then I argue and say..for petes sake lady your not gonna lose weight by quitting, and the converstaion repeats itself for 40 minutes...sometimes we are our own worst enemies. I am perfectly capable of completing an exercise, so why do I always wanna quit? I hate that! I tell myself who are you benefitting by quitting, definetly not me, and why do I need to quit, cause Im pushed out of my comfort zone? Yeah probably, I guess if people dont hear me talking outloud and the voices are contained, then people wont see me as crazy, and today it worked and I felt great after I was done. 40  minutes is less than an entire episode of Hoarders, so it really doesnt take much!

When I got home I made a really really good wrap that I want to share the recipe, its only 7 points plus and was filling, and for me a much needed change to my boring menu.

1 Flat Bread
2 or 3 ounces of ham
1 tsp of low fat mayo mixed with some honey
1 yellow bell pepper chopped up
a little bit of reduced fat cheddar cheese
(whatver other veggies you like to add)

I just brushed the whole flat bread with the mayo mixtures just for a little bit of flavor and layed the ham down followed by the peppers and cheese and rolled it up. It was very good!

So now Im sure people have done this, but this was out of the box for me, Im a horrible planner so I tend to eat the same thing over and over cause I know its safe. It takes time to track points, measure everything, and would definetly be easier to do if I didnt have to work, but I thought I would use my Sundays to plan things out, take my time to find new recipes and make things more fun and add a variety. Like I said, this may not be a big deal to some, but to me its a very big deal.

I feel good today that I accomplished a gym workout, even tho my thighs kill from squats, and I ate good and ate something completely different from the norm, Ive never had a yellow bell pepper in my shopping cart! Tomorrow is spin class and also another "Biggest Loser" conversation with "Heidi" who threatened to send donuts to my work...bring it on spin chick! I am determined!

*Heidi is her real name and she's my competiton!

2 comments:

  1. You're doing awesome,Cheri! I tried to get into the spin class and it was full...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just bought a yellow bell pepper today too! Thanks for sharing your story, it's totally inspiring. And yes, I argue with myself ALL THE TIME. Today the voice in my head decided it would be fun to say "Your best just isn't good enough!" all morning. Gonna have to strangle that one. Keep at it, and we're all gonna be hot mammas for the next cruise!

    ReplyDelete