Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 6

You wanna know whats amazing? That I even walked up the stairs to get to this computer! 4 advil and a hot bath later..here I am! I did squats yesterday which made for a semi-painful morning this morning, then went to spin class today which I could feel every muscle in my legs burn, followed by a toning class that had me doing lunges and then a wall sit...for the LOVE! I am in pain...I kept uttering the words...YOU ARE NOT A QUITTER to myself over and over.

Today was a good day at the gym, I realized that when you open up about your struggles and talk with others that are battling the same things and also are in the Bigesst Loser challenge, it makes things soooo much easier. I understand that Im a talker but I just dont understand people who are embarrassed to talk about their weight, its not like being overweight is a hidden issue, not like eating toilet paper haha, sorry I had to throw that in their cause I watched a show on addiction. Seriously tho, things are so much easier when you can talk about them, especially when someone knows what your'e going thru. We all have struggles in life, for some its weight, others is cigarettes or alcohol, depression, obsessive compulsive, anything, doesnt make one person better than the other, so find a safe place to talk about it, join a Weight Watcher group, they are ALL there for the same reasons, even the skinny little annoyances have been heavy at one time! If its not weight find someone you feel safe talking to. Boy I kinda sound like Dr. Drew with no degree and horrible grammar! But you get my point, dont be ashamed of who you are, make yourself a better person because of what you are going thru. Heidi the spin chick, is very encouraging to me, she did spin class today and the toning class and she was gonna do some light weights until the 6:00 spin class and was gonna do it again... she's driven and that motivates me.

Tomorrow I weigh in at Weight Watchers, Im a little nervous because I havent weighed for 2 weeks, I knew with the holidays that I gained weight and I just could not see that + number on my book, its a total mind game, but I weighed in at the gym last Wednesday for the BL competition so I know where I was at, and to be honest I had gained 8 pounds, so tomorrow I will probably still show a gain in my book cause I doubt I lost 8 pounds, but at least I have the BL weight to compare a loss to, if that makes sense. I'm gonna have Erich take a picture tomorrow and upload it to here so there at least will be a comparison photo.

I am very lucky to have such a great support, Jena came and did spin class with me today, my mom doesnt offer me cookies, Lottie at work makes sure she explains everything she is cooking with (she cooks our lunches everday at work) and my kids love to use the WW calculator to help count points for me, and Erich never complains when I leave the house to go to the gym and doesnt ask for pizza. I'm excited for tomorrow to see how this past week has paid off!

2 comments: