Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Disappointment :(

By the title I'm sure you can see that I failed to reach my 3 pounds. I lost 1.6. Yeah so its a loss and I should be proud, and when I add the 8 from last week and today's weight loss 9.6 pounds in 2 weeks is pretty good. But I just cant help but to be disappointed. I worked my BUTT off literally! I didn't miss one day of working out, and kept my food journal up to the points. The trainer at the gym told me that when you begin to work out your muscles will retain water...yeah I believe her but still! It doesn't make me wanna quit, but it does leave a little sour taste in my mouth.

I went to dinner with my dad tonight and had the BBQ Chicken salad, dressing on the side and took off the french fried onions. It was a good choice and I am proud of that, however I did eat a slice of pizza when I got home :( It was all within my points just not the healthiest, I guess I loathe in self sabotage, and that my friends is the biggest hurdle I need to jump, its ridiculous...Its like I need to go to Borders and have a new tape installed in my brain, a self motivating, positive, you can do it cassette. Its all good, tomorrow is back to spin class and tracking my points.

On a other note, I had asked on Facebook to pray for my co-worker Lottie as she was going thru some medical testing, let me just fill you in on who Lottie is. She is my moms age and came to work with us a few years ago. Our desk were right by each other and we talked ALL DAY....(then I got moved in with the big guns) I love her, she is like my other mom, she was there for me during one of the toughest times in my life and she cried with me, prayed with me, and loved me. She is having some issues with her leg and after a few doctors they came to a conclusion that she might have ALS (Lou Gerigs Disease) it made my heart so sad. She went today to get results of blood work and electric shock treatments of some kind and they decided that it is not what they thought, and they are referring her to a surgeon to have back surgery. She sent me a text right before weight watchers tonight to let me know, that things look like they will be ok. YAY! I was so happy to hear the news, no one wants to see a loved one go through anything terrible. So thank you to those who prayed..God is good all the time and all the time God is good :)

So this blog is bittersweet, boo to the little weight loss...yay to tomorrow being a new day and some great news. Oh and boo to me not getting a new workout outfit yet either, since I'm .4 lbs away from 10. Grrrr! Next week it is on!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cheri, it's not a failure! Every single day that you become more aware of who you are, why you made the choices you did in the past, and decide to make different, better choices going forward is a HUGE success!
    And look at it this way, but they time you weigh in again, it won't just be the 10 lbs you wanted to lose to get the cute workout outfit, it will be MORE.

    You're doing great! Love you!

    ReplyDelete