Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 32

I thought I better blog before Erich leaves today back up to the academy. Otherwise I don't have access to a computer in the evenings. So I'm on Day 32 of the Biggest Loser competition, I have about 28 days left. My goal is to lose at least 24 pounds during this time. I weighed in on Friday at the gym, there was a mandatory weigh in half way thru. I have lost 11 pounds, which does not thrill me, but puts me half way to my goal and I still have half way to get there, so I need to keep it up. I was sick last week for a few days, had a fever, coughing miserably, so I didn't go to the gym for a few days. Tomorrow I am starting back to spin class and I'm actually looking forward to it. I weighed in at Weight Watchers last Tuesday night and I lost another 3 pounds there, so I have lost a total of 20 pounds on Weight Watchers and a total of 11 on the Biggest Loser Challenge.

A few of my accomplishments these past few weeks is counting points before I eat something. Lottie had made scones the other morning and I smelled them as soon as I walked in the office...I thought hmmmm I could have that for breakfast, and I actually got a little excited. Then something in my brain told me to count the calories (you will know why when I share my ice cream story) so I went to WW.com and got the points for the scones. 13 points! and that didn't include the Devon shire Cream she had sitting there next to them. Needless to say I ate my yogurt and Banana for 3 points total. It is so important to count things before you eat them, things can totally fool you. When I was sick over the weekend, Erich and the kids were gone and I was laying on the couch watching movies and I decided that I "deserved" real Ice Cream. I scooped up 2 cups of Mint Chocolate Ice Cream and ate it, started to feel guilty so I got up and calculated the points...16 Points! I get a total of 35 points for a day...so that's really alot for really doing nothing for me other than making me feel bad. Don't get me wrong, I think we all can have a treat, and everything is ok in  moderation. But I really didn't even need this, It was about my feelings again....so I was proud of myself for staying away from the scones. To be honest Im not even a scone lover, it just smelled like heaven! The other accomplishment was hitting my 10 pound goal, I went to Old Navy and bought myself a pair of $14.50 yoga pants. I love them! I think I have over worn their welcome already, but they are so comfortable and I can wear them to exercise and to Jake's games and still look a bit hip. SO now for my next 10 pound goal? I really don't know....hmmm if you guys have any ideas let me know. I want it to be something affordable and something I wouldn't go do normally, I just cant think of something right now.

Everything is going ok with Erich being gone, I am busy every night of the week doing something with the kids, haven't had time to paint my room or even cut out my quilt, I have the fabric but no motivation at night. He is doing well in the academy, he has found a good friend and that makes it better for him. He comes home on the weekends and was able to take Jake to his Little League draft yesterday and him and I went to a Valentine Gala last night. Don't worry about me overeating there since I sat next to Jena haha. Part of me isn't kidding but really I am. Its good to have people around us to hold us accountable, but I know that she wouldn't judge me so really I'm kidding. I'm thankful for her support and I'm glad she is always there :)

I hope you all have a great week and have a fun Valentines Day, I now go get to see the Justin Bieber movie with my daughter, I'm trying to act excited lol. At least I have Misty to visit with. I will check back as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment